3.28.2009

Immature Hopes, Dreams, and Wishes

Once upon a time, in a land called Kristin's hopes and dreams ...

There was a perfect world in which candy and lollipops made you skinny, beer flowed freely at no cost, money grew on trees, and Benjamin Gibbard and Colin Meloy were both single men fighting over my honor and love.

It was beginning to get hard for her to watch them fighting over her. It was terribly stressful and made her emotional.
When Kristin couldn't take it anymore, she finally proclaimed,

"GENTLEMAN STOP! Stop all of this senseless arguing! It is futile, and your fighting is vexing.
The resolution is simple, I will love you both. You two will share my love, make beautiful songs that you can play for me , and we will live happily ever after!"

The two men smiled, realized their foolish mistake to compete with one another, and agreed that Kristin was very wise in her words. To come together a team would be the most peaceful and enjoyable solution. The arrangement was made for the marriage, a partnership of three ... and then ...

She woke up.

Yea, I know silly. But can't you let a girl wish upon a star every once and awhile?

Can't you just let me dream?

Don't act like you don't have foolish adolescent fantsies about your favorite "celebrities" every once and awhile. Don't act all high and mighty.
You do.
I see it in your eyes.

What inspired me to communicate my day dreams via this blog post?
This video (yea, you got to copy and paste): http://www.everythingnotrelated.com/coversalbum/vids/dcfc2005-08-18.mov

That's right, Colin Meloy and Benjamin Gibbard sang on stage together once, in New York at Summerstage. I think my head would have popped off if I was there.
It isn't a particularly amazing performance.
But Gibbard and Meloy, sharing the same mic? Practically kissing? Where was I?
It is the single closest moment there will ever be to my dreams coming to fruition.

Unless of course they collaborate again? * HINT HINT! * (I have no idea who I am hinting to, because if either of those men ran across this blog, and read this, I would sort of hate myself. But that won't happen, people don't read this.)

Oh to be 25 and still have silly "celeb" crushes. Add Ira Glass to this mix and you have the men that own my heart.
They are the standards that all "real" men I meet must live up to. You hear that boys?

Hence why I am probably very single.

Eh, oh well.
I'll just keep dreaming.

Bonus ridiculousness: This ones for the ladiez.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq3imtB3U6o

This is how I spend my quiet Saturdays. Watching videos of my crushes.
I am so cool.



No comments: