1.28.2008

Glasses



In case you didn't know, I wear FAKE glasses.
I am a fraud.
I have been wearing fake glasses since I was in my junior year of high school. And I usually buy them from hot topic or urban outfitters, though one time I actually bought what they call "plano" (meaning no perscription) frames from a real deal frames dealer online.

Lots of people have had a problem with this. I say, go to hell buddy!
People pierce their ears, nose, toes, and other unmentionable areas. People dye their hair purple, blue, pink, and green. Some people get tattoos to express themselves. Others may wear outrageous clothing. More power to them. I wear glasses.

Does this mean I want to come off more intelligent than I really am? Does this mean I want to appear more innocent than I really am? Does this mean I want to appear hipper than I really am? Does this mean I want to seem more artistic than I actually am?

You betcha buddy.

Lets face it, We all pretend that the way we choose to appear is somewhat chance, but most of us run around in a costume so we can play a part that we imagine we are. We have consciously chosen to accentuated variables of our personality we feel we lack or personality traits that we want to emphasize, so we can help control how others feel about us and judge us.

So... I wear fake glasses. And I look damn good in them too.

No comments: